iPhoto account localisation problem.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
my dad lives in vienna, austria, and has an iMac2 with the international (english) system and keyboard. he bought it in vienna and registered with his vienna address. i have been sending him photos (via email) of his 4-month old granddaughter, suggesting that he select his favorite ones and order the prints thru iPhoto. unfortunately, everytime he tries to set up an account he only gets "USA" and "Canada" as country-options. neither of which are applicable.

does anyone have an idea how that can be changed?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jeff79mjeff79m Posts: 37member
    Right now I think those are the only two places Apple offers this service in. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Actually, Austria is an option for prints...

http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/prints.html

However, you may want to check which version of iPhoto he's using. I believe that the non-US/Canada prints and books are only available with iPhoto 5. (I could be wrong about that though)
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Colby2000

Actually, Austria is an option for prints...

I believe that the non-US/Canada prints and books are only available with iPhoto 5. (I could be wrong about that though)

austria is available in version 4. i have been using it myself without any problems.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by bryan.fury

austria is available in version 4. i have been using it myself without any problems.

Hm...not sure then.

He can try setting up an account here, I see Austria as an option. (Hopefully that link works.)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Colby2000

Hm...not sure then.

He can try setting up an account here, I see Austria as an option. (Hopefully that link works.)

sorry for the late reply.

unfortunately the link doesn't work..
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by bryan.fury

sorry for the late reply.

unfortunately the link doesn't work..

Sorry about that...

Try this one.

(That's https myinfo.apple.com)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ah, i see! create an apple id at the website, and then log in thru iPhoto.

excellent idea, thanx!

again, sorry about the late reply, but for some reason i'm not getting any email-notifications for my subscribed threads ???