MySQL - autostart *HOW TO* ??

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all.

How can i do that?

MySQL does not start up automatically, even though it was running before shutdown/re-boot.

Any ideas? Startup item?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

Hi all.

How can i do that?

MySQL does not start up automatically, even though it was running before shutdown/re-boot.

Any ideas? Startup item?

Thanks

if you download this (right click and download link as) package it will automatically run MySQL at startup. I got it from the package when I download MySQL 4.0 so if you have a different version go here and get the package you want and it will include a startup pkg.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Personally I want a mysql checkbox in the Sharing preference pane. I'd kill for that.

Hmmm, perhaps a menu applet would do nicely as well.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    thanks,

O4BlackWRX, this adds startup item right?

wouldn't SQL start when admin (or whichever user installed that) logs in?

I did a bit of diggin' and it looks like i can also modify hostconfig in /etc to achieve the same thing, i haven't tried that yet.

I forgot to add, i'm working on OS X Server, which comes with MySQL pre-installed.

Another thing... I can use SQL Manager to start-up SQL but i can't use it to stop it :-)

Can that be something with sql users? As default they have no passwords assigned, i changed that through phpmyadmin.

Other than that everything works great.

Thanks,
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

thanks,

O4BlackWRX, this adds startup item right?

wouldn't SQL start when admin (or whichever user installed that) logs in?

I did a bit of diggin' and it looks like i can also modify hostconfig in /etc to achieve the same thing, i haven't tried that yet.

I forgot to add, i'm working on OS X Server, which comes with MySQL pre-installed.

The applications that I have used this startupitem.pkg has been on Mac OS X Server. You can go into the hostconfig and modify it or you could just double click this pkg and install it, then whenever the server is started it will automatically start your mysql. I prefer to take the easy routes as that is less prone to a typo in the hostconfig
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cool,

Thank You.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Hi

i've installed it, but after re-boot ... still not running, so i've tried to execute it manually using sudo /Library/StartupItems/MySQL/MySQL start

and got this:

Could not find MySQL startup Script

??