Shuffle Armband Availability?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So I boughts me a shuffle on Monday. On Monday morning the armband was on the website and shipped immediately.

On Monday night you can't even access the shuffle webpage. Clicking on iPod Accessories shows that it doesn't exist. Clicking on iPod + iTunes and then clicking on the armband takes you straight back to the website. I'm currently on the phone with the applestore (second time in two days (first times was an "it's under maintenance try back in two hours") and they STILL can't find it.

Has the Armband been discontinued? Is there a new model or armband being released? Will the chick on the phone actually figure out that, yes, there is a problem?

Tune in, Same Apple-Time, Same Apple Channel...

p.s. - Apparently they "no longer have it on their site" according to Tamika of the applestore phone line. Wonderful.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Apparently the shuffle armband must be made of some sort of hi-tech space-age polymer that must cure for a significant time before it can be sold. That's the only explanation that I can think of for how long it's taken for Apple to get their act together in selling shuffle armbands.

• Reply 2 of 6
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    I was in the apple shop (London) on sat and they had loads of armbands..

no sign of people fighting over them so i guess they must have been in stock for a while.

I got one.. just because and I must say I'm impressed, now all I have to do is start running

j.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    They appear to be in stock in the stores, but the website is still mighty busted. I don't want to spend two hours and half a tank of gas driving to buffalo just to pick this bugger up.

*grits teeth*
  • Reply 4 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    We ordered a shuffle and armband shortly after they were introduced, and while we had to wait for both, the armband showed up at least a week after the shuffle.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Most retailers, not even Apple stores (official or unofficial), have them around me and have for far longer than they've had shuffles, which they still don't have a consistent supply for. Yeah right they've met demand. iPod Minis are even rarer.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    I ordered one this weekend and got it yesterday, Wed, 20 Apr 05.