When will Sarfari 'learn' to sort bookmarks?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
The title says it all. Now on v1.3 and Safari still can't alphabetically sort it's own bookmarks! I can't think of any other browser I've used that couldn't do that basic function.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

The title says it all. Now on v1.3 and Safari still can't alphabetically sort it's own bookmarks! I can't think of any other browser I've used that couldn't do that basic function.

That's a "feature" But yeah, I have same issue with Safari too. They should at least make it a user preference.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

I miss that too
  • Reply 3 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I'm glad that Safari just got multi-level undo for bookmark changes, among other things.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    SafariSorter from VersionTracker will sort your bookmarks and much more. Check it out!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by skybolt

SafariSorter from VersionTracker will sort your bookmarks and much more. Check it out!

I have it, but 1.3 broke Safari Sorter, hangs on launch....
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    I use Saft for the stuff I wish Safari had... but doesn't. It has this... along with tons of other information. Just a google search will get you where you need. The $12 I spent on it is well worth it, and of course you can demo it out. The creator does a really great job of updating Saft with new features, and since 1.3 came out and crashed a lot of plugins, the next day he had a compatible version. I am satisfied. Of course, the computer isn't THAT easy to program... so we're always going to want something that only a few may seem beneficial and won't be installed standard.