No iTunes Store Update?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Is it just me, or has the Music Store not updated today? I usually check on Tuesdays to see what new releases are out, and to download the new free tracks. But today it's all just the same as last week.

Any ideas what might be up?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by D.J. Adequate

Is it just me, or has the Music Store not updated today? I usually check on Tuesdays to see what new releases are out, and to download the new free tracks. But today it's all just the same as last week.

Any ideas what might be up?

its been updated. perhaps you've seen the dave matthews banner i think its just sort of a slow week for music. if something hasnt been updated, it will. iTMS isnt going anywhere.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

its been updated. perhaps you've seen the dave matthews banner i think its just sort of a slow week for music. if something hasnt been updated, it will. iTMS isnt going anywhere.

You probably right.

I've still never seen the weekly freebies stay the same. And it's not that slow of a week--the Bruce Springsteen album, for instance, isn't on iTunes yet. And you can find Ben Fold's Songs for Silverman--but only if you search for it, not on the artist pages or new releases.

I just wondered if it might have something to do with the Australian store or an update to iTunes.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Has everyone realized they have that "Discovery" download now. Maybe it's just me, but I only noticed it last week. I think it might be a weekly thing since (I think) it was updated today with the Single of the week. I think the only way to get to it is the Free Downloads at the bottom of the home page. The Stree Official Mixtape is pretty decent too, if you're into that stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit

Has everyone realized they have that "Discovery" download now. Maybe it's just me, but I only noticed it last week. I think it might be a weekly thing since (I think) it was updated today with the Single of the week. I think the only way to get to it is the Free Downloads at the bottom of the home page. The Stree Official Mixtape is pretty decent too, if you're into that stuff.

I'm glad they've made it easier to find the free songs now.

By the way, this morning everything was updated the way I expected. Don't know why it appeared a day late to me, but everything I expected to be up on Tuesday was up today.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    It was late because they updated it late. Even though they call it "New Music Tuesday," they don't always update it exactly on Tuesday. I've seen it updated later on Mondays even. It's just some lazy fuck's job to do the updating, and he doesn't always do it on time.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit

Discovery downloads have been around for quite a while.