With the new macs on the way what to look for at WWDC

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Well if the PowerMac G5 getting an update soon and possible iMacs and eMacs. Then what does that mean we can look forward to or speculate on what product to be announced at the WWDC? I doubt with the near release of new PowerMacs that we will see anything new so soon from them. If the the iMacs and eMac. Well this leaves very little room for anything else except new portables or iPods. Well like most people on this board I to have been anticipating a G5 Powerbook since the announcement of the G5. However being a Powerbook user myself I'm looking to get a PowerMac G5. Disappointed in the new speed bump but ok with it because I am much in need of a new mac.

So what do you think we might see at WWDC besides by way of hardware.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Perhaps Tiger will be discussed.

• Reply 2 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I don't think Apple will be looking to announce any hardware at WWDC. Looking at their session list it seems that they really want to let developers voice their concerns as well as get them up to speed on Tiger's many features.

Apple doesn't have to announce hardware at WWDC. They announced the G5 there likely because it was so new and that it required some different methods of developing for. I don't see anything like that right now.

Really I think the whole hardware thing is overblown. It's the software that hasn't kept up with the hardware. I'm more excited about what Tiger may offer in efficiencies than I am about having another 300Mhz in the Powermac.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    groovergroover Posts: 29member
    Yeah I'm thinking that it will be focused on software.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Groover I'd love to see something akin to a PDA/Tablet. Inkwell got more "ink" than I thought it would on Tiger's page. Could be signs of life there.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Steve has got to throw something out at the stevenote. A PDA/Tablet would give the developers something to chew on. Also, as has been discussed widgets could form the apps for the much rumored device.

how about something like this:

www.sonos.com

with multi room playback via airport express

c'mon apple! the airport express is 11 months old and multi room playback would sell WAY more airport express units!!