Simple VPC7 question

rokrok
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
well, this should be simple, but definitely not your run-of-the-mill trivia.

how many discs are in the VPC7 box? i swear i think i am missing one, but i'm not sure. i have the VPC7 with Windows XP version, and it has an installation CD, an installation CD 2, and an "additional windows system files." is that it, or do i need to go hunting for another disc in the offices somewhere? i ask because they make the middle post in the case so deep, it makes me think there's supposed to be another disc on it, but i can't find how many discs were originally included in the box (companies USED to put that info on the box, but i guess it was more important in the days when a box could include 12 floppies).

anyway, if anyone has that sitting around and can just tell me if i am missing any, i would appreciate it.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    wow... i seem to have stumped the community. for my next question... how many fingers am i holding up?

• Reply 2 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

wow... i seem to have stumped the community. for my next question... how many fingers am i holding up?

3 and for that witty response I'll do some research for you! Microsoft don't seem to list it on their website! Is there a manual in the box which says how many CDs? Like a contents thing.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

3 and for that witty response I'll do some research for you! Microsoft don't seem to list it on their website! Is there a manual in the box which says how many CDs? Like a contents thing.

two, actually. but thanks for playing. and i've read through the manual, and i can't seem to find anywhere in it where it refers to the number of cd's in the case. the post can hold four, but then again, so can the post in the office 2004 case, and that only has one cd.

i am tempted to just take it home and attempt to install it there, and see if the installer asks for anything more than what i've got. it's a sledgehammer approach, but it would do the trick.

kinda surprised no one on these boards has a copy they can pop open and see...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

two, actually. but thanks for playing. and i've read through the manual, and i can't seem to find anywhere in it where it refers to the number of cd's in the case. the post can hold four, but then again, so can the post in the office 2004 case, and that only has one cd.

i am tempted to just take it home and attempt to install it there, and see if the installer asks for anything more than what i've got. it's a sledgehammer approach, but it would do the trick.

kinda surprised no one on these boards has a copy they can pop open and see...

I think people are distracted by Tiger!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

I think people are distracted by Tiger!

well, okay. i guess i can forgive it this once.