QT& H.264 and Tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I got the email and watched the seminar in panther and it was great, but in tiger, the h.264 video is choppy and rough on my mini.

Any one else have this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    trans9btrans9b Posts: 97member
    i think that's to be expected on a mini...however, its been choppy on my powerbook 1.5 ghz as well at times. i'm pretty sure this build just got rushed out the door...its certainly buggy, i'd wait for 10.4.1 or 2 to upgrade...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trans9B

i think that's to be expected on a mini...however, its been choppy on my powerbook 1.5 ghz as well at times. i'm pretty sure this build just got rushed out the door...its certainly buggy, i'd wait for 10.4.1 or 2 to upgrade...

too late for me, but I like it all the same...it is a little slower, but well worth the upgrade over all, and I am sure .1 will fix a lot of speed issues and the h.264 thing

And no that video problem is not to be expected on the Mini - it worked fine in 10.3.9 and QT7
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    When I doubled the size of the seminar video, the audio and video did not always match, but at original size it was perfect. Even at the double size, the picture quality was excellent. A streaming video at that quality is really AMAZING! I've never seen anything close to that in my life. Truly exceptional!

Won't it be exciting to watch WWDC in H264? I think so!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    might i ask, which email is this?.. or if you could just give me a link to this seminar.. i can't seem to find enough H.264 content to play with...

edit: oh.. just realized you're probably talking about the free seminar included with preordering Tiger through Apple..