CAD Software for MacOS X?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have looked at the CAD software that I know about (AutoCAD, CATIA and Rhinoceros) and none of them are available for the Mac. Does anyone know of any CAD software that works with MacOS X? I am hoping for more than a Classic or X11 application.

Also, I would be interested to know if any of the 3D pointing devices, such as the ones from ttp://www.3dconnexion.com/ are able to work with the Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ajmas

I have looked at the CAD software that I know about (AutoCAD, CATIA and Rhinoceros) and none of them are available for the Mac. Does anyone know of any CAD software that works with MacOS X? I am hoping for more than a Classic or X11 application.

Also, I would be interested to know if any of the 3D pointing devices, such as the ones from ttp://www.3dconnexion.com/ are able to work with the Mac.

Try VersionTracker.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    www.architosh.com should be able to point you to CAD software companies for the Mac.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    This topic comes up regularly around here. A quick search through the archives will bring up many threads: a few applications include ArchiCad (cross platform), VectorWorks (cross platform), High Design (Mac only), and BOA cad, to name but a few.