mail 2.0 import errors

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am having trouble importing from panther mail to tiger mail.

Basically i followed the wizard's options for importing from a previous version of mail and i was given a prompt saying my mail had been imported but there are no folders in the mailbox side bar except inbox and sent. after the wizard completed the trash, outbox and drafts icons disappeared. The familiar import folder never appeared and I have none of my old mail. I have tried trashing the com.apple.mail.plist in home/library/preferences/ to reset the application but each time i turn on mail now and it acts like its the first time its run, the icons are still missing in the mailbox sidebar?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I'm having almost the same problem except my mailboxes got transferred. Still no messages though. Also, every time I try to restart, Mail cancels it and refuses to quit. I have to Force Quit it and then restart.

I don't have any ideas, but at least you're not alone.\
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Ok, it looks like I fixed it. First I force quit Mail and trashed the .plist (I did this last night too, but it didn't work. Maybe I didn't quit first or something). When I restarted Mail, I had my inbox back.

From there, I could choose File/Import Mailboxes, which was grayed out before, and find ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes.

That seems to have worked.