DV Video Input

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, this is my first post the forum and I'm quite the novice still on the mac being a PC convert.

About 2 days ago I tried to use my Dv Camera as a webcam, as I have been since I started using the mac in December. I was told by both Yahoo messenger and iChat that the camera was in use by another application. This was however right after restarting so there were no other programs (to my knowlege) that could be using the camera.

Upon further investigation I loaded up iMovie HD to see if the camera was actually connected, and indeed it was I could get a feed striaght from the camera no problem.

The only thing I can think that may have caused the problem is that I've recently installed iLife '05 but I see no reason to why that should cause the problem.

This is driving me crazy lol. Any help would be much appreicated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    check your start-up items and make sure there isn't a video application set to open when the computer boots up. after that, restart and only open ichat. if it still says that it's in use by another application, that means the problem is some sort of system setting rather than either of those apps. there aren't any system-wide dv input prefs, but i've never heard of that happening before.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    fatpiefatpie Posts: 2member
    There is nothing running (that i can see) that could be using the camera. It's really annoying lol.