Safari RSS and still no yahoo!!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So, I bought tiger, got all excited by the speed of Safari 2, and then tried my yahoo mail acct, and it still bloody well doesn't work with my mail!

Go to "compose"--in Firefox and every other Mac browser, as you begin to type the name of the recipient, a JavaScript brings up a shortening list of names as you type from your address book. It is a great and invaluable feature...why does it not work with Safari??

Well, guess I am sticking with Firefox!

BUGGER!

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maninmac

So, I bought tiger, got all excited by the speed of Safari 2, and then tried my yahoo mail acct, and it still bloody well doesn't work with my mail!

Go to "compose"--in Firefox and every other Mac browser, as you begin to type the name of the recipient, a JavaScript brings up a shortening list of names as you type from your address book. It is a great and invaluable feature...why does it not work with Safari??

Well, guess I am sticking with Firefox!

BUGGER!

\

did you download the java update apple released a couple days ago? it's specifically for tiger.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    maninmacmaninmac Posts: 64member
    I heard that it had come out, but my SW update says that I am up to date (although this is a clean Tiger install)

Do I need to install it manually?

Thanks for the help!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maninmac

I heard that it had come out, but my SW update says that I am up to date (although this is a clean Tiger install)

Do I need to install it manually?

Thanks for the help!

here's a link if you wanna try downloading it manually: java update
  • Reply 4 of 5
    maninmacmaninmac Posts: 64member
    Thanks man--alas, it made no difference at all.

If anyone here uses Yahoo mail, give it a try...it is driving me nuts.

R.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hanxuhanxu Posts: 22member
    java and javascript are totally different thing, even you have installed j2se5.0, it won't affect anything in javascript.

anyways, different browser will behave differently with javascript, then javascript has different version too, e.g. javascript belongs to netscape and microsoft has its own standard called jscript. (javascript has few different standard)

It's all depend on if yahoo want to support safari or not, until then you won't get the auto complete features with safari. (i remember when yahoo just bring out auto complete it didn't support firefox too, now they do, so they are making progress)