New iWork Apps at WWDC2005?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is there any chance of Apple introducing the iWork database and spreadsheet applications at the WWDC in June? My guess is these two apps were not introduced with Pages because 10.4.x (Core Data, SQLite, etc.) is needed for them to work, but now that Tiger is out there is no reason for them to not make the apps available. Since WWDC is a developers conference, it would make sense to intoduce, demonstrate, and announce the apps "Available Today".

Apple can start selling iWork with the new apps included for those that have not yet purchased it. For those who have iWork they could offer an "upgrade" disk that only has the two new applications which would install only if Pages or Keynote 2 was installed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

Is there any chance of Apple introducing the iWork database and spreadsheet applications at the WWDC in June? My guess is these two apps were not introduced with Pages because 10.4.x (Core Data, SQLite, etc.) is needed for them to work, but now that Tiger is out there is no reason for them to not make the apps available. Since WWDC is a developers conference, it would make sense to intoduce, demonstrate, and announce the apps "Available Today".

Apple can start selling iWork with the new apps included for those that have not yet purchased it. For those who have iWork they could offer an "upgrade" disk that only has the two new applications which would install only if Pages or Keynote 2 was installed.

It's an Idea, but I dont think it is likely. FYI, Apple did file for the trademark iCalc.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mpmoriartympmoriarty Posts: 289member
    I don't see Apple using iCalc for the name of the spreadsheet app they create for iWork. They seem to not put the "i" on the front of their app names.

You have Keynote and Pages. I will assume that the name for their next spreadsheet app will be either sheets or cells.