Disk Utility thinks I still have a disk image mounted ...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Disk Utility thinks I still have a disk image mounted, but I don't.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Mozilla Sunbird calendar program to have a look at it. I tried to run it from inside the disk image that it came in, but it wouldn't work. It started, then immediately quit, then started again - over and over.

Eventually I managed to force quit the app. I couldnt get the image to eject. Eventually I decided to unmount it using the 'umount' command in the terminal. That appeared to work.

However, the image still appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility and it thinks it is mounted, even though I have deleted the image and emptied the trash. Checking in the terminal, there isn't even a mount point for the image.

I have tried deleting the plist to no effect.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Adam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by adamr

Disk Utility thinks I still have a disk image mounted, but I don't.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Mozilla Sunbird calendar program to have a look at it. I tried to run it from inside the disk image that it came in, but it wouldn't work. It started, then immediately quit, then started again - over and over.

Eventually I managed to force quit the app. I couldnt get the image to eject. Eventually I decided to unmount it using the 'umount' command in the terminal. That appeared to work.

However, the image still appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility and it thinks it is mounted, even though I have deleted the image and emptied the trash. Checking in the terminal, there isn't even a mount point for the image.

I have tried deleting the plist to no effect.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Adam

Drag the icon out of the sidebar and let go of the mouse button.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    adamradamr Posts: 72member
    That didn't work. That was the first thing I tried. It only works on umounted images. DU thought it was mounted and wouldn't let go.

As it turned out, I got rid of it by rebooting. Didn't think to try that as I haven't rebooted in weeks before today.

Thanks anyway.

Adam