Updating Finder Thumbnails

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there any way to force a folder to rebuild it's thumbnail database?

For example, I have a folder of hunderds of scanned in photos. I open them all in preview, rotate the ones that need rotation, and close them. I then want to look through them in the finder to double check that i have them all rotated correctly.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ben Huebscher

Is there any way to force a folder to rebuild it's thumbnail database?

For example, I have a folder of hunderds of scanned in photos. I open them all in preview, rotate the ones that need rotation, and close them. I then want to look through them in the finder to double check that i have them all rotated correctly.

Thanks!

you could use the column view but that is slower. There is a file in each folder of thumbs but I've got no idea.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    There is a way! I was playing with spotlight and finder and discovered the answer to your problem. In icon view press command-j or View>Show View Options and then select icon preview - this will either turn it on or off. Once it is turned back on a refresh of all your thumbnails should be created. I hope this works - please tell me if it does/doesn't.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    santasanta Posts: 67member
    If you don't have Tiger & Spotlight, try GraphicConverter and its 'make preview icons' part.