Anyone else pissed off at DigiDesign?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
How long have major developers had access to Tiger? Why are musicians waiting another 2 1/2 months to make music on their Tiger enabled Macs? Never mind the software, Pro Tools, I can't even use the Mbox for mic input. This pisses me off because it is not some small company with an insignificant utility. It is a major part of a major industry. I will be glad when Apple releases the fabled Asteroid. I will buy it in a heartbeat regardless of cost. I am sick and tired of companies not respecting me as a consumer. It would seem that MS is the best developer Apple has ever had. Screw you, Digi!

OK, I'm over it now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Ever considered that it's Apple's fault for breaking compatibility, rather than DigiDesign's slow adaptation to endless onslaught of OS X updates?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Ever considered that it's Apple's fault for breaking compatibility, rather than DigiDesign's slow adaptation to endless onslaught of OS X updates?

No.

I know that Apple has gone through lots of changes in regard to their code. But change is par for the course. I would think that Digi would have known about these changes in plenty of time. Tiger isn't exactly new to developers. Digi is a major player in an important field. It just seems unthinkable that they wouldn't be ready. Then again, I am not a software developer.

Part of the reason I believe Digi is to blame is because of Pro Tools itself. Aesthetically, it seems more like an OS 9 app rather than OS X. The end result of the app is great production. But using the app is quite painful. I believe, unnecessarily so. It is ugly and not in keeping with the OS X approach. This tells me that the company has not bothered to keep up very well. I think that because they have a huge market presence, they have decided to sit on their lead and are not trying very hard to impress their consumers who are locked in by either software or hardware. It is rather expensive to change at that level which is why Photo Shop, Quark, and Macs ruled the print industry. It was not because there were no viable options. It is time for Digi to face the music. The days of them being able to ignore the needs and desires of Mac users are over. At least it is for this Mac user. Good bye, Digi.

Anyone want to buy an Mbox?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Understand the Devils Advocate here Placebo but in hte case of Digi they are indeed VERY slow and behind the times. It's not just tiger we're talking about but a reticence by Digi to support Core Audio well and how long has Core Audio been available?

Protoole LE performance on a Mac is just wretched. When you have people on the same hardware kicking out 60 tracks in Logic it's kind of hard to fault Apple. Core Audio works....use it Digi!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Upgrade to Tiger, Ha-Ha, what professional group do you know goes oooh looky a new OS is out? Lets potentially jeopardize or production output so we can geek around. Get real and Apple has done some major changes to the underlining code specifically the kernel. It?s only natural that some software companies, especially ones the utilize non-standards; need a little time to make the product available.

Trust my work with a 0 release, Hahahahahahahahah!