Install Mac OS 9 From Tiger DVD?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I did a clean install of Tiger and (like an idiot) I specifically unchecked the "Install Mac OS 9" button to save a few gigs of hard drive space because I figured I would never ever need OS 9 compatability...but now I do.

I cannot figure out how to install OS 9 without reinstalling everything. I can't figure it out with either the Panther CD or the Tiger DVD.

Any ideas?

Stedwick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stedwick

I did a clean install of Tiger and (like an idiot) I specifically unchecked the "Install Mac OS 9" button to save a few gigs of hard drive space because I figured I would never ever need OS 9 compatability...but now I do.

I cannot figure out how to install OS 9 without reinstalling everything. I can't figure it out with either the Panther CD or the Tiger DVD.

Any ideas?

Stedwick

I'm sure OS 9 isn't included with Tiger but if it's on your DVD then just put the DVD in and choose the "Install Bundled Software Only" package. OS 9 is included with all computers so you could just use that CD to install it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    stedwickstedwick Posts: 78member
    nevermind, i downloaded the "system folder" from my friends computer and now OS 9 works hehe

Stedwick
  • Reply 3 of 4
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    There is a Classic package on the DVD.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

There is a Classic package on the DVD.

That new 9 install is nice and clean [read: faster] as well -- no "social disease" clutter or extension bloat to worry about.