Tiger - Startup Problems & Mail Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just got a new 15" Powerbook with Tiger and I have 2 issues:

First, on occasion I have problems with the startup. Sometimes, it will stay on the blue screen after the gray screen and the OS X IS STARTING UP window never appears. But if I hold the power button down and try again, it works.

Secondly, I have a question about the Mail App. I keep changing the columns that the program shows in the inbox (for instance, I'd rather see the "From" field than the "To" field, since I know it's for me), but everytime I close & reopen Mail, it's back to the default.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by briarbrad

I just got a new 15" Powerbook with Tiger and I have 2 issues:

First, on occasion I have problems with the startup. Sometimes, it will stay on the blue screen after the gray screen and the OS X IS STARTING UP window never appears. But if I hold the power button down and try again, it works.

Secondly, I have a question about the Mail App. I keep changing the columns that the program shows in the inbox (for instance, I'd rather see the "From" field than the "To" field, since I know it's for me), but everytime I close & reopen Mail, it's back to the default.

Thanks in advance for any help.

im not sure about the start up problem.. i posted a thread over in applications thats titled "problems w/ tiger?" and someone posted a reply about having problems with mail and a lower battery charge life... also, the post talks about problems my brtoehr had w/ mail in tiger and i cant remember the other problems off hand... im not sure how he fixed the problem thoguh, he never gave me specifics,a nd i havnt gotten around to buying tiger yet.. but i also plan on it soon.. best of luck