17" 2ghz iMac is so dreamy...! Noise and HardDisk?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi peoples, just a quick poll... self explanatory, those with NEW IMAC G5 17" your input is mucho appreciado.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tekritertekriter Posts: 44member
    Soonas mine shows up I'll vote!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jonejone Posts: 102member
    I'd like to believe anyone that says their new iMac has no "buzz" noise, but if their room has any ambient noise at all, it misrepresents the results. I'd love to hear from someone in a dead-silent, recording type environment.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    yeah don't everybody vote at once

f8ckers.

nah, just mucking about...

anyway, well i guess its a bit early to know about the fan noise thing.

gotta wait till more people get their hands on the 17 inchers.

as one poster so put it well,

dance guniea pigs, dance for me...!!

bwah ha ha ha ha ha
  • Reply 4 of 4
    tekritertekriter Posts: 44member
    Well, I've had my 17 inch 2.0 ghz running for two days now, and I can say that you do hear the fan in my verrry quiet family room.

But, having the old 15 inch G4 iMac next to it for file transfer, the G4 was much louder. There is, however, a real difference in the sound.

The G5 is more irritating than the G4 sound. It's higher pitched, and it varies constantly. That makes it much more noticeable that the G4 noise, which almost never changes - so you start to ignore it. Kind of like not hearing the refrigerator until it shuts off. The G5 sound is definitely like a small remote-control airplane like others have said. I think if it were more constant it wouldn't be as noticeable.