Downloading Album Art in iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I know there use to be a really great AppleScript to do this very task but the link is dead on VersionTracker. Anyone know a good, quick easy program or script to do this task? Or anyone know Automater well enough to whip something up?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,

I used Fetch, but it isn't working with OS 10.4 and the developer is searching for a successor.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

Hi,

I used Fetch, but it isn't working with OS 10.4 and the developer is searching for a successor.

Yeah that's what I used as well, but as you mentioned it is not working.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    You would also think that this would be a feature in iTunes by default, but I guess there would be a corporate conflict of where the cover art would be coming from.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Fetch keeps timing out or whatever, on Panther.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I use a program called 'Clutter' which you can probably get from Versiontracker, which pulls the image from amazon. Works 90% of the time.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I've only ever used this one from Doug's Scripts...it automatically looks up the selected album on SLothRadio and then you drag and drop the photo into iTunes. Could probably be easier and all but I like it fine and it works with Tiger for sure.

I'll try to link to it:

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/sc...archslothradio
  • Reply 7 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I use Synergy

It doesn't embed them in the songs, but when you play your song, a translucid window appears and has the album art that is fetched automatically online.

Well worth the 5 dollars
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

I use a program called 'Clutter' which you can probably get from Versiontracker, which pulls the image from amazon. Works 90% of the time.

Very nice little program and very fast on importing the songs into iTunes which is pretty amazing.