if i install tiger over 10.3.9 ...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
what exactly is erased? are all my files erased as though i have a new computer, or is it just the OS and the settings that are erased. example - will all my itunes songs and saved documents be erased? will my safari bookmarks be erased? will my iphoto pictures be erased? i am just trying to decide what i need to save before doing a clean install of tiger. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    I was surprised that Tiger left my 10.3.9 settings so much alone! I really didn't have to set back stuff etc. Everything just worked. Except PHP which didn't work anymore because Tiger overwrote the Apache INI file. A matter of changing the INI file and it works again.

All my settings etc are still here! From my point of view, it is safe to migrate to 10.4, but life's a box of chocolates....
  • Reply 2 of 2
    if you set/choose "fresh install" then youll loose everything... itll be like taking a brand new machine, and uploading the operating system w/out any backups...

if you choose "upgrade" or someting like that ( i dont have it yet so i dunno exact phrasing; just know from others who had this experience while installing tiger) anyways... if you choose upgrade, youll have all your files, which i liek

MS you always had to make back ups.. and also wait about 3-4hrs just to get the operating system uploaded.... w/ this i think my brtoehr said it took 20minutes...

good luck