Any one having problems with itunes 4.8?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi everyone

Anyone had problems with 4.8 ie just crashing for no reason and cannot even force quit?

I've had this problem twice now and wondering if I'm the only one...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Any idea what you were doing? iTunes can crash for a number of reasons - can you elaborate?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    Just surfing the net with safari.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimbo123

Just surfing the net with safari.

How much RAM do you have - was it crashing with certain songs/.albums or has it only done it occasionally?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    davinolydavinoly Posts: 1member
    I have had no problems with iTunes crashing, but have encountered other problems with it since I got Tiger and the iTunes 4.8 update. The Party Shuffle plays directly through my library, with no randomness or alteration whatsoever. I tried deleting iTunes from my hard drive completely and starting with a fresh download, but it remained exactly the same.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by davinoly

I have had no problems with iTunes crashing, but have encountered other problems with it since I got Tiger and the iTunes 4.8 update. The Party Shuffle plays directly through my library, with no randomness or alteration whatsoever. I tried deleting iTunes from my hard drive completely and starting with a fresh download, but it remained exactly the same.

Try the com.apple.itunes.plist file in (your area)>Library>Preferences
  • Reply 6 of 6
    toadietoadie Posts: 78member
    I recently added some songs to my library, and all of a sudden my library went from 20,000 songs to 5000. I dragged them back in and everything seems to be fine now, but my playlists are all messed up...

I've had multiple crashes of iTunes as well.

It's ok- I expect some problems as an early adopter of Tiger.