Changing the Right Mouse-Button Click

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi,

Is there a way of programming a key on the right side of the keyboard to perform a right mouse-button click? Being a left-hander with a 12.1" iBook G4, it is inconvenient to have to press the Ctrl-key (on those increasingly rare occasions of wanting a context menu.)

As a separate yet related aside, what is the name of the key beside the Command key on the right side of the keyboard that depicts an up-pointing triangle beneath a horizantal line. It also appears on the Enter key. I searched everywhere, but I googled myself out.

Thanks.

Nius.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    In Tiger you can use a different key for control. Either type in modifier keys in the search box (reset modifier keys) or go to keyboard and mouse and the keyboard tab. You can then choose which keys to use for control.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    niusnius Posts: 58member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

In Tiger you can use a different key for control. Either type in modifier keys in the search box (reset modifier keys) or go to keyboard and mouse and the keyboard tab. You can then choose which keys to use for control.

Thank you very much for getting back to me, MacCrazy.

However, that doesn't do the one thing I would love to be able to do. There is a key missing from the list of modifiers in "Keyboard and Mouse" - and that is the key I was talking about in my original message, whose name I don't know - the one that resides beside the right-most Command key that depicts a baseless triangle with a horizantal line on top.

It is very odd actually, as I have no idea what the key does anyway. I don't think I have even used it yet.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nius

Thank you very much for getting back to me, MacCrazy.

However, that doesn't do the one thing I would love to be able to do. There is a key missing from the list of modifiers in "Keyboard and Mouse" - and that is the key I was talking about in my original message, whose name I don't know - the one that resides beside the right-most Command key that depicts a baseless triangle with a horizantal line on top.

It is very odd actually, as I have no idea what the key does anyway. I don't think I have even used it yet.

it's a return key (there should be the same symbol on the enter key - at the bottom)
  • Reply 4 of 5
    niusnius Posts: 58member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

it's a return key (there should be the same symbol on the enter key - at the bottom)

so it is...

thanks

shame its not a control key

have a good uk evening
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nius

so it is...

thanks

shame its not a control key

have a good uk evening