How to burn a CD without clicks between live tracks?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do I burn a CD without the clicking sound between tracks when burning a bootleg live show in iTunes?

I've set my iTunes preferences for no gaps between between tracks, but there is still the clicking sound.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by oceansize

How do I burn a CD without the clicking sound between tracks when burning a bootleg live show in iTunes?

I've set my iTunes preferences for no gaps between between tracks, but there is still the clicking sound.

you could try using toast - i haven't done this so don't know if this will work.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    oceansizeoceansize Posts: 22member
    Is there a way to do it without Toast?

I know this is an annoying question that has probably been answered many times. I've searched but can't find the missing link to make a flawless, audio CD of a live show without that clicking sound between tracks. What is the Mac equivalent of a DAO (disc as once) burn?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Is there a way to do it without Toast?

I know this is an annoying question that has probably been answered many times. I've searched but can't find the missing link to make a flawless, audio CD of a live show without that clicking sound between tracks. What is the Mac equivalent of a DAO (disc as once) burn?

you could export as AIFF and put on a CD that way - where did you get the tracks from? You could make a CD image and put the tracks there and then re-import as a joined track
  • Reply 4 of 9
    These are flac files downloaded via Azureus from different live shows bit torrent sites, such as dimeadozen.org and etree.org.

I've converted the flac files to wav using xACT and imported to iTunes. As I wrote earlier, I've set the burning preferences to no gaps between tracks. What am I doing wrong?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

These are flac files downloaded via Azureus from different live shows bit torrent sites, such as dimeadozen.org and etree.org.

I've converted the flac files to wav using xACT and imported to iTunes. As I wrote earlier, I've set the burning preferences to no gaps between tracks. What am I doing wrong?

it could be iTunes bug or it could be a problem with the audio - I suggested a few workarounds.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    varian72varian72 Posts: 36member
    I have the same issues and I F*@#in' hate it. Makes me mad.

I've asked around TOAST seems to be the answer, iTunes can't do it
  • Reply 7 of 9
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    This has been an issue since iTunes first came out.

The only good solution I have seen posted is to use Toast. iTunes can be tweaked to "almost" do it, but not to make a seamless transition.

Some have tried the "join CD tracks" feature of iTunes, but that presents other problems.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    It sounds like most people use Toast. Basically you can burn CDs and DVDs with OS X, but there are limitations which can only be overcome by using Toast, correct?

Just out of curiousity, what is the process for using Toast to burn a CD of a live show without any flaws?

Also, where can I get a good deal on it? Anywhere cheaper than Amazon.com?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

It sounds like most people use Toast. Basically you can burn CDs and DVDs with OS X, but there are limitations which can only be overcome by using Toast, correct?

Just out of curiousity, what is the process for using Toast to burn a CD of a live show without any flaws?

Also, where can I get a good deal on it? Anywhere cheaper than Amazon.com?

you can record a live show directly into Toast or just burn a CD with no gaps. You can get Toast free with some burners if that helps!