Interesting Find With Mac OS X and Inkwell

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When I am searching in spotlight sometimes, a item called "Inkwell" with the little inkwell icon apears. When you go to it, it opens of the system preferences, but then, there are no inkwell preferences, and when you search for inkwell inside the preferences search, you get nothing. To me, this implies that a future ad-in would allow utilization of Inkwell's technology more readily...aka tablet mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

When I am searching in spotlight sometimes, a item called "Inkwell" with the little inkwell icon apears. When you go to it, it opens of the system preferences, but then, there are no inkwell preferences, and when you search for inkwell inside the preferences search, you get nothing. To me, this implies that a future ad-in would allow utilization of Inkwell's technology more readily...aka tablet mac.

Screenshots would be appreciated!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    what words are you searching?

Is it reproducible?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    wait...

you DO know there is Inkwell pref pane when you install a Wacom tablet and install the Wacom drivers?

Its been around for a while.

The Inkwell pref doesn't appear unless you've installed the Drivers AND you have a Wacom tablet plugged in
  • Reply 4 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member

I dont have any tablet software installed...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    Inkwell has been a part of MacOS X for some time now. It does not show up in the preference panes unless it sees a pen/tablet device that it can use, but it is part of the default install. The fact that it shows up in Spotlight when not available is just a sub-optimal behavior.