Printer problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have an HP DESKJET 930C and for some reason now when I try to print it just says "Printing of jobs for this printer is stopped. Do you want to continue and restart the printing of jobs?" When I hit continue it just stops and never prints when it says its printing. I am running OS 10.2.8. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    There might be an HP printer utility (application) in your ~/Library/Printers folder (that's where it shows up for newer HP printers). From the utility, you should be able to restart your printer queue, delete unprinted jobs, etc.

If you can't find the utility in that location, try searching your drive for "Deskjet".
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    This is not HP specific. I have a Lexmark printer with a Mac Mini running 10.3.9 and I have had the exact same problem. The only way to get someting printed when that happens is to shutdown and restart the Mac (using Windows does pay off in obtaining this kind of knowledge *LOL*)

Finally I got sick of this restarting and decided to remove the printer, any related Lexmark software completely and reinstall the printer, the drivers and the software from the printer CD and then repair permissions. This has finally solved the problem for me.

I had tried to repair permissions before I uninstalled the printer and the drivers, but that did not help. The printer had to be removed from MacOSX, the drivers and related sofware had to be removed, the whole shebang re-installed and then permissions repaired for the problem to finally go away.

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Voxapps

There might be an HP printer utility (application) in your ~/Library/Printers folder (that's where it shows up for newer HP printers). From the utility, you should be able to restart your printer queue, delete unprinted jobs, etc.

If you can't find the utility in that location, try searching your drive for "Deskjet".

yea thats what i did....went to the printer center did all that junk. i even restarted the computer and tried again numerous times and it just doesnt do anything. says its "printing" but the status is idle and nothing happens even after 20 minutes.

it worked a long time ago now all of a sudden it doesnt

i cant reinstall everything because i found the disk and apparently it has to be installed in OS 9 classic (??) and i dont have classic on this comp anymore. the os x drivers on the site is a 40 MB download and im on dialup that disconnects me ...arrrrghhh