Japanese Soldiers Finally Surrender.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Two Japanese Solders from World War Two (pending confirmation of their identities) have finally... well, I wouldn't want to offer them an insult by calling it 'surrender'... ceased fighting.

S i x t y years.

What complete dedication. I am at a loss for words. All of my respect to these two former enemies. May their remaining days be peaceful.

This was the dedication that US Forces faced all of the way across the Pacific Ocean. Damn.

On the assumption that these men committed no war crimes, may I offer congratulations to whatever remainin family that they may have.

Banzai!

Banzai!

Banzai!

(Couldn't help it.)

V/R,

Aries 1B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aries 1B

Two Japanese Solders from World War Two (pending confirmation of their identities) have finally surrended.

I smell scam or tabloid bologna. Sorry
  • Reply 2 of 10
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    I think its a real story, I watched it several times on the tv. Not sure about teh still thinking they're in a war bit, though, that wasn't reported,

apparently, one of them has married a local and started a family.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

I smell scam or tabloid bologna. Sorry

Saved by the parentheses!

Cordially,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 4 of 10
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aries 1B

Two Japanese Solders from World War Two (pending confirmation of their identities) have finally... well, I wouldn't want to offer them an insult by calling it 'surrender'... ceased fighting.

S i x t y years.

What complete dedication. I am at a loss for words. All of my respect to these two former enemies. May their remaining days be peaceful.

This was the dedication that US Forces faced all of the way across the Pacific Ocean. Damn.

On the assumption that these men committed no war crimes, may I offer congratulations to whatever remainin family that they may have.

Banzai!

Banzai!

Banzai!

(Couldn't help it.)

V/R,

Aries 1B

I think you picked a bad example for the dedication angle. They got separated from their unit and never bothered to go back. They went native. You can't tell me they had contact with locals and possibly local wives for as many years as they have and didn't know the war was over. It's a very interesting story, but not one of honor.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    no offense to anyone... but isnt it a lil ironic that they leave WW2 and come back and theres a war going on in Iraq? not that the japanese are involved in that one, but just htouhgt i'd mention that..
  • Reply 6 of 10
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

no offense to anyone... but isnt it a lil ironic that they leave WW2 and come back and theres a war going on in Iraq? not that the japanese are involved in that one, but just thouhgt i'd mention that..

Sorry, I don't understand your point. There usually is a war somewhere. Please explain.

I wonder if they knew about the 2 nuclear bombs the US droped. If the story is true of course. Thanks,

Aqua Mac
  • Reply 7 of 10
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    This isnn't the first time it happened. A Japanese Lt. was found on the Phillipines by a Japanese film student. The student told him it was over, wouldn't believe him. The Japanese gov't sent people, wouldn't believe them. They finally had to dig up the guy's old C.O. to get him out of the Jungle.

Then there was the Japanese sergeant on Guam. B-52s and KC-135s game back to Anderson AFB with small arms damage. The Air Force SPs end up comming across this guy during the investigation as to why. Turns out he was hiding out in the jungle taking pot shots at U.S. aircraft since he thought WWII was still going on.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    fyi, since no one else pointed it out: the story turned out to be false

search @ news.google.com if you want more info
  • Reply 9 of 10
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

fyi, since no one else pointed it out: the story turned out to be false

search @ news.google.com if you want more info

The Fat Lady hasn't quite sung, quite yet.

She may, however, be practicing her scales.

The local authorities are warning that it may be a ruse ('a scam') to lure potential kidnap victims into the area for the local rebels to abscond with. In addition, a ransom seems to have been demanded for the two men (if they're even real). Japanese diplomats are, or will be shortly, on the scene. It's not over just yet.

V/R,

Aries 1B