uninstalling

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey guys , im a recent switcher bought a new ibook. my question is this. How do i unstall some of the apps that came on this thing ?

Theres no add and remove programs :-P

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by oh_the_humanity

Hey guys , im a recent switcher bought a new ibook. my question is this. How do i unstall some of the apps that came on this thing ?

All the Apps are self-contained. Just go to the /Applications folder and delete the .app file. For example, to delete iChat, you would go to /Applications and delete iChat (the .app isn't shown in Finder). Then empty it from the trash can (recycle bin) if you want to permanently axe it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by oh_the_humanity

Why do you want to uninstall apps that came with?

I would keep them all, well, you never know...

Anyhow, the previous poster is right, just

pick the icon of a particular app and drag

it to the trash icon (which is casted in the dock).

Done.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks for the help, it worked fine.

i was hesitant to do it this way , as thats how you break things in the windows world. old habbits die hard.

And the reason why i wanted to remove un needed programs such as iDVD ( i dont have a super drive) garage band(i use reason instead). is that i only hafve a 30gig drive right now, and after loading my stuff i hardly had any room left.

Thanks for the quick responses.