Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just bought this game. I got the Collector's Edition from a brick & mortar EBGames. $29.99

I'd played some of the demo off Steam and also some on a friend's machine. It's a hell of a lot of fun, not worth $55 to me, but definitely worth $30.

If you've got a decent PC and $30 to spare, call up your local EB Games and see if they've got any Collector's Edition left. Unbeatable deal.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Half-Life 2 is a great game, it's a shame that the Mac will probably never get it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    It really is. I generally try to stay away from PC games because I know if I get into PC gaming I won't ever get a Mac again. But damn, this game is fun.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    HL2 is one of my all time faves. Too bad the Mac gets shorted on this gem...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    If my vid card hadn't crapped out, I'd be playing it and CS:S a lot. Ah well.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm getting a love/hate thing going with Steam. It's a very smart way of doing things (if only they would lower their price on HL2), but I'll be damned if it isn't a massive resource hog.

It's going to take as long to "decrypt" the files I installed off my DVD as it would to just use Steam to download them. Jesus.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    Have the game. Played it on my P4 PC.

Great game. The best I have played. The ending really could have been better. But I guess its purpose was to make you want HL3. In that case: mission accomplished.

Steam really stinks. But this is how Valve makes money and ensures control.

It would be great to have this game on a Mac, but it would require a G5 and a high end GPU.

Cannot wait for OpenGL 2.0