HELP!!! How to install .bin and .cue files!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm a total noob at this, so bare with me here. I just dl a software that has 7 folders named CD1, CD2... CD7. Each folder have a .cue and .bin file in it. HOW THE HELL DO I INSTALL IT!!! I have no idea, I try burning the contents in CD1 on a CD with the program that came with my IMac G5. It didnt do shit and just wasted a CD!! Can anyone help me here. Tell me the steps to install this. Thx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    First of all, I'm assuming those programs are legal. That's why I'm trying to give you advice.

Second, you need to burn them as an image, you will need both the .cue and the .bin file for that.

Third, you can use some software that is similar to Alcohol 120% in the Windows side of things, to mount the .bin file as a virtual drive and then just double click the drive for installation.

And the last thing , I'm assuming (yet again) that these things are legal. It's good for Karma.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DoubleAIm

I'm a total noob

We figured.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

First of all, I'm assuming those programs are legal. That's why I'm trying to give you advice.

That's what i'm telling myself, so they got to be legal

Quote:

Second, you need to burn them as an image, you will need both the .cue and the .bin file for that.

Us any programs to burn it, like the one that came with the IMac?(drag and drop then click burn)

Quote:

Third, you can use some software that is similar to Alcohol 120% in the Windows side of things, to mount the .bin file as a virtual drive and then just double click the drive for installation.

Know any good software that is good for Macs? Any recommendations??

Quote:

And the last thing , I'm assuming (yet again) that these things are legal. It's good for Karma.

Looks legal to me
  • Reply 4 of 4
    serpentserpent Posts: 8member
    HA legal is in the eyes of the beholder! anyways seems you got some pc files use whatever burning software you have on your mac to copy both bin and cue files, if you have dvd burner just pop them all on a dvd. then load them into a pc and use nero to burn from img file read cue files and burn each individual cd and then just mount the iso dmg's you get?! or you can use a windows prog called winiso or majic iso and convert your .bin files into iso and use either app or nero to burn images to cd. but if what you DL'd is what I think it is it will turn out to be windows files anyway, there are tut's out there to turn the 7 .bin files into a dvd and if I'm right the collection you are looking for is 6 .bin files.

enjoy

Serpent