New .Mac features?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Quote:

.Mac will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST on Monday, June 6th. During this time iDisk will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last Updated: 6/03/2005

OK just realised this coincides with WWDC stevenote. This could either be a coincidence or Steve is going to announce new features? Can we expect a new virus program or will there be bigger storage? It could just be the widgets they talked about?

So let's start the predicting!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Good catch. My guess: They're changing their servers over to Intel.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Possibly related to this story?

Apple developing Backup 3.0 for .Mac users
  • Reply 3 of 8
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Possibly related to this story?

Apple developing Backup 3.0 for .Mac users

Would that require iDisk to be off-line though? Would make sense for something to be updated.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Would that require iDisk to be off-line though? Would make sense for something to be updated.

The new Backup may require a change to the way iDisk works, for it to backup to iDisk. We can all hope for more storage though, it is pitiful that we are paying so much for so little space; what's the point in iDisk, Backup, Mail etc if you can't take advantage of all of them due to lack of space. Gmail is on 2GBs, and that's free.

1GB at least pleeease Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Developer friendly .Mac features definitely could tie in to WWDC. Perhaps it just started with Tiger and .Mac Sync. Backup 3 would be great, although I'd rather them bump the storage to a GB.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Developer friendly .Mac features definitely could tie in to WWDC. Perhaps it just started with Tiger and .Mac Sync. Backup 3 would be great, although I'd rather them bump the storage to a GB.

yeah - more storage is a must for transferring files. Let's hope for something big.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Well WWDC keynote came and went and no .Mac upgrade. Service came back online and that was that. \
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Well WWDC keynote came and went and no .Mac upgrade. Service came back online and that was that. \

I was half expecting that! It's been planned for a while so maybe the updates weren't ready or it was just coincidence.