More games for iPod photo

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there any way to put more games on an iPod Photo? I don't understand why Apple just doesn't make games on the iPod better. Couldn't they do something like they have with Dashboard Widgits where you can just go to apple.com and download the ones that you want. I think some basic games would be cool on an iPod, especially an iPod photo. I heard something where you can install linux on your iPod where it doesn't affect the main iPod software, and it works, but that seems very complicated. Also, high scores of games should be saved.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    You could run linux on iPod or you could wait for Tetris and new transitions in the future update .
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Well is putting Linux on it complicated? It doesn't sound easy. But I guess I will just wait, Tetris would be good. I don't understand why the high scores aren't saved though. I highly doubt that would take up to much space.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I messed up the first time. (Somehow) Basically there is a simple program you download that does all the work for you. Just click the mouse a bunch and you are set up.

Make sure you backup first...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    However, Linux isn't yet supported on the iPod photos, 4G iPods or the minis. You could still give it a go.