Photoshop CS and CS2 "Program Error"...help!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Yesterday Photoshop CS developed an annoying error - it stopped opening images or creating new canvases with the error "Could not complete your request due to a program error" and "Could not create a new document due to a program error" respectively...

Any ideas?

Running on a Mac mini with 1gig ram and plenty of hdd space free...with Tiger.

Thanks, Mike

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Depending on how many Adobe apps you have, you may need to trash all the Adobe prefs (at least, that's the only way I ever got rid of it), along with the ACE2 Cache file. All are located in youruser/Library/Preferences folder.

But to be sure, create another user, log in as that user, and make sure PhotoShop run. Otherwise, that could mean installing PhotoShop again.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I just started getting an error too:

It's the new startup window for some reason.

This is the first time I used Photoshop since my drive died.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    bsodmikebsodmike Posts: 63member
    Hahaha...

I got that when I was trying to fix the serial. I got CS2 to activate properly but I'm seriously thinking I got BAD RAM in my mini. Ok don't ask my why I'm trying to use CS2 on a mini (I got 2x G5s just can't access them right now) and the mini is all I got (1gig ram) - for basic tasks it handles pretty well.

I've ordered another stick of 1Gig crucial as the current stick was installed by the AppleStore (Leeds) UK - gonna swap these and see how it goes....as this error doesn't always stick around...it is strange. Comes and goes but when it's back it is there for a while, at least till the next restart.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Anyone know where I can find a serial number for CS2??? Been looking around but cant get on to work.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    You're not serious...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    bsodmikebsodmike Posts: 63member
    That's cause the serial used is wrong. Happened to me. Once I entered a good serial *cough* it loads up fine. Activating it is easy too...hint- look under 'Mac' apps over @ Torrentreactor.net
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by bsodmike

That's cause the serial used is wrong. Happened to me. Once I entered a good serial *cough* it loads up fine. Activating it is easy too...hint- look under 'Mac' apps over @ Torrentreactor.net

*cough* *cough* what do you mean by a good serial number? Keep on trying till one works? *cough* *cough* PM me if you dont want to share