ADC monitor question?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is it possible to use an ADC monitor with a VGA PCI vid card (in my G3 B&W) or a DVI port (on a mac mini)?. maybe some sort of adapter that splits the video signal, usb, and power? i've found converters for VGA monitor with ADC vid cards, but i need the other way. is it possible? please remember i'm new to macs, assume i know nothing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Apple sells a DVI-to-ADC adaptor.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    My 20" ACD came with an adapter that would allow me to plug the monitors DVI cable into it and it would go to VGA.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

My 20" ACD came with an adapter that would allow me to plug the monitors DVI cable into it and it would go to VGA.

But that's not the same thing.

There's a DVI to ADC adapter from Apple that costs a bit (well over $100)

There was also an older adapter that went all the way from VGA to ADC.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    Quote:

But that's not the same thing.

There's a DVI to ADC adapter from Apple that costs a bit (well over $100)

There was also an older adapter that went all the way from VGA to ADC.

He wants to go from a DVI monitor to a VGA Graphics Card, why won't that adapter work? Or at least that's the way I read it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    HOLLY CRAP!! Did i really loose my whole last post by hitting back?? if not, i appologize for the near-double post. but here goes again....

Thanks everyone for the help, but what i want to do is go from a DVI mac mini to an ADC studio display (CRT). I've done some more research since posting this and i found a converter called the DVIator (about 100 bucks). It take a separate DVI and USB cable from the computer and combines them, along with power from its own 320 what PSU, and sends once composite cable to the ADC monitor. Luckily i did more research. I then found that it only works LCDs. I REALLY wanted that CRT. My hopes and dreams are shatter for the time being. If anyone knows of a similar device that creates the analog signal that the CRT requires, by all means, SHARE!

This is the link for the DVIator, incase any one is interested. Along with those cables it comes with the little white PSU u can see proped up against the B&W...

http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/cat...it.A/id.236/.f
  • Reply 6 of 6
    alas, more research sugests no.