Wimax Apple Stores

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
ack, i'm burning my fingers on this hot Intel based Dell laptop keyboard (no joke, its HOT). Its freakin hot. Well, it is a Pentium 4-M not a true Pentium M. I do miss my Powerbook and will buy the next revision iBook or Powerbook when it comes soon.

Ok, back to the topic.

I think Intel makes some cool hardware, especially the upcoming Wimax 802.16. The wireless is measured in Miles... this has a lot of potential.

Now what say Apple builds some cool computers or home servers that use Wimax. And maybe a neat little device like the Airport BaseStation but instead it has Wimax and an H.264 decoder chip (pure speculation).

So why not kill the cable company (SJ says he hates them) and stream Wimax from the Apple stores as a .Mac service...and use iTunes Media Store to deliver your content from your Mac to the AE.H.264 next to your TV?

Has the Guinness gone to my head? I see potential here. Apple stores streaming content with Wimax, delivering video/media locally...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I didn't know you could burn your fingers with a laptop. I thought the keys would melt first, and then you wouldn't be able to type if it were so hot as to burn your fingers, but nevermind...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

I didn't know you could burn your fingers with a laptop. I thought the keys would melt first, and then you wouldn't be able to type if it were so hot as to burn your fingers, but nevermind...

HA! this Dell Latitude C640 will literally put (red) burn marks on your legs if you set it on your lap. Those articles about the heat from laptops toasting your nuts aren't lying, I've got hard boiled eggs here.