wireless networking hell

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i am having a lot of trouble trying to set up my wireless network.

i have two (2) apple iBook laptops with OS X & airport cards, two (2) airport hubs, one (1) g4 desktop mac with mac OS 9 and two (2)xerox 240A IP printers.

right now I have the G4 hooked up to a third party switch that is connected to my internet connection and one of the printers , it is also plugged into the ethernet LAN plug in the wall.

the other end of the of the ethernet plug appears at the end of my house. where it is plugged into another switch that is plugged into my windoze (dont hurt me) computer, and one of the airport hubs.

the other hub is then connected to the 2nd Printer.

ok after you have digested that, take a deep breath. now, the windows computer and the G4 both have internet connection. The G4 can print from the printer that it is connected to via switch - nothing else works though.

Both printers have been allocated IP addresses of 10.1.1.50 and 10.1.1.70, the printer connected to the G4 switch being the one that is allocated 10.1.1.50.

I am quite frustrated with the whole predicament and would be extremely appreciative if someone could help me through this. Thank you for your time.