Trouble Printing After Installing Tiger

whmwhm
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Sorry if I missed a post if this has been discussed at length. I have the newest G4 15" 1.67 GHz with 1.5 ram installed. It is used at home with the new airport and also airport express for extra signal strength. After purchase earlier this year I also bought a new HP 4 in one printer and everything was great until Tiger was installed. I even installed Tiger the second time as a clean custom install thinking that may be the trick. Computer is fantastic but can not print. Every attempt to print ,printer utility tells me that print went to stop print job. I also reinstalled printer software but still does not work.. What am I doing wrong?

WHM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Some printing did change in Tiger. Can you tell em how you are connected to the printer? If you can give as much detail about the system as possible it would be helpful.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    wireless via airport
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by whm

wireless via airport

(apologies for the rush of this post - my eyes are closing from tiredness!) right go to print & fax in system preferences, press the + button. Then in the windows that opens press more printers... The try the HP IP Printing (or other option). If this is what you're doing then tell me and I'll have another go (tomorrow though!)

hope this helps?!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    digitaldavedigitaldave Posts: 445member
    I think Tiger has 'issues' with wireless printing via Airport. Under Panther, I had no problems using my Canon on an Airport Express, but since Tiger, I only get about 25% of print jobs to work - it's a good thing I don't have to print much . However, it works fine over good old USB, so you could give that a try. Just don't forget to select the right printer when you send the job out.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

I think Tiger has 'issues' with wireless printing via Airport. Under Panther, I had no problems using my Canon on an Airport Express, but since Tiger, I only get about 25% of print jobs to work - it's a good thing I don't have to print much . However, it works fine over good old USB, so you could give that a try. Just don't forget to select the right printer when you send the job out.

I performed an upgrade install on my sisters Mac and had to reinstall the wireless printer but it works just as well as before. It prints over the network through the PC. I haven't had any problems with printing.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    digitaldavedigitaldave Posts: 445member
    The annoying thing is that it seems to work perfectly via Airport Express using my wife's dell PC .