Apple-Intel Tablet Fantasies In Here

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This gentleman had a nice analysis about why Apple wouldn't be going over to Intel.

I'd post a smiley at his lack of ESP, but I was far more certain than he was that Apple would stick with PPC .

Reading through his thoughts, I noticed at the end of his site the following observation/reminder:

Quote:

And then immediately after all this the tablet rumor started again with somehow Intel's processors making it possible for them to move to a tablet design quickly with (and I quote)

Some sort of weird Sonomaish slash Power PC hybrid, not sure I get it. Customized Intel something.

So for those of you not in the know, Sonoma is a follow on processor for Intel's Pentium-M line. Low power, decent performance for super long battery life. Apparently you can take RISC chips and CISC chips and make a new one by mashing them together.

So, was the Patent release a smoke screen, or do you still think that an Apple Tablet is coming to an Apple Store Near You?

Kormac77, I most particularly await your input

V/R,

Aries 1B

PS: I thought that this thread would fare better here in General Discussion, since FH is overrun with realistic Intel Speculation; and more power to the Intel Speculation.

Edit #1 Spelling and Style

Edit #2 Removed pimp-slapping admonition for tablet haters to leave thread. Y'all are big; y'all know that if there's 'Tablet' in the title, there'll be 'Tablet' inna thread.