dock compatibility q (should be easy?!!)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey all,

i have a 15gb 3rd gen (i think?) ipod and recently considered buying a dock to go with it. the thing i am considering is if it's worth buying an ipod photo dock. i may get an ipod photo in the future and it would make sense to buy a dock that will be compatible with that as and when i buy it. so... are there any compatibility issues? i would've thought not.... but with the computer business you never can tell, can you!

j

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyboy

hey all,

i have a 15gb 3rd gen (i think?) ipod and recently considered buying a dock to go with it. the thing i am considering is if it's worth buying an ipod photo dock. i may get an ipod photo in the future and it would make sense to buy a dock that will be compatible with that as and when i buy it. so... are there any compatibility issues? i would've thought not.... but with the computer business you never can tell, can you!

j

It should be fine but ask the retailer.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    i can't see any reason they would be incompatible unless the ipod itself has built in intentional incompatibility, if you see what i mean.

i'm afraid asking the retailer can be tricky at times when you only a low level japanese speaker living in tokyo!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyboy

i can't see any reason they would be incompatible unless the ipod itself has built in intentional incompatibility, if you see what i mean.

i'm afraid asking the retailer can be tricky at times when you only a low level japanese speaker living in tokyo!

that could be a problem, but they usually know english (some of them atleast) and can usually help ya out