10.4.1 for Intel on BitTorrent already

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
According to slashdot, PC users can now download 10.4.1 for their PC off bittorrent.

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/05/0...?tid=179&tid=1

It won't be a supported release, so no security updates, etc., so I don't think that it will hurt Apple. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Preemptive warning:

DO NOT link to any sites that provide download links to this developer build of Mac OS X for Intel, torrents or otherwise.

Thanks
  • Reply 2 of 5
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Very interesting.

As some articles pointed out, is this an Apple marketing scheme? Only the hardcore teenage kids will likely take the time and risk to install it. Perhaps with the fall back to run windows on the mac, macs will become a viable option for them.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Preemptive warning:

DO NOT link to any sites that provide download links to this developer build of Mac OS X for Intel, torrents or otherwise.

Thanks

Not much to worry about man, it is NOT on any torrent site or p2p net that I know of, I will not drop names but let us just say that if it were out there I would find it (although since I have a mac, I dont need this).

Look at the site that slashdot links to, I call BS, this guy wants hits.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    this topic is being covered in "Mac OS" section of AI...

And yes, it IS avalailable on your major BT sites.

I've downloaded it and it's a lot Snappier?

Anyway...

From what I've seen no one has actually installed it although I've seen screenshots that could be PC monitor hooked up to a Mac... or simply a screenshot put at fullscreen. Can't see the "About this Mac" clearly enough.

There is some discussion about it here as well.

As discussed.... is this a real leak? Does it work? Is this done on purpose by Apple to get Wintel-heads interested and "take a dip"?

Shall see...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:

Hmm... yeah, ok. Whatever.