remote desktop connection WinXP to MacOSX

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi

Is it possible to estalish a remote desktop connection , from a Windows Based machine to a MacOSX system?

If yes, what software should I use?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    onyx-pbonyx-pb Posts: 26member
    Quote:

Originally posted by punica888

Hi

Is it possible to estalish a remote desktop connection , from a Windows Based machine to a MacOSX system?

If yes, what software should I use?

Thanks

If you download VNC you could do it either way (XP controls Mac or Mac controls XP), you'll need both the server and the viewer!

Windows:

Just google for VNC for both server and viewer

OSX

Chicken of the VNC (I'm not kidding - dumb name but it works great) for viewer. Google for OSXVNC to get the server.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tomahawktomahawk Posts: 178member
    If you are running 10.4 (and I think 10.3 with the right client updates) you already have VNC installed (or should).

Go into your system preferences and select Sharing.

Start the Apple Remote Desktop service.

Check the VNC viewers may control screen with password and enter a password.

You should be able to access your machine by IP using a VNC Viewer on any computer now...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tomahawk

If you are running 10.4 (and I think 10.3 with the right client updates) you already have VNC installed (or should).

Go into your system preferences and select Sharing.

Start the Apple Remote Desktop service.

Check the VNC viewers may control screen with password and enter a password.

You should be able to access your machine by IP using a VNC Viewer on any computer now...

thanks, I will try that