Instant Messenger

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Wouldn't it be great for mac to have thier own instant messenger service that works on a worldwide status...similar to MSN. I love Redezvous, and Bonjour, but that only works with othe Mac users on the same network. I think it would be hott to have iMessenger with better features than MSN's.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I think this has nothing to do with future HARDWARE
  • Reply 2 of 12
    You right but you don't have to yell. It's not nice or becoming...I'll move the post to the lounge. Have a great day
  • Reply 3 of 12
    That's not so much yelling as making the super obvious even more obvious. Future Hardware seems particularly affected by people miscategorizing their threads.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Yeah I made a mistake...I was in the forum, putting the wrong post. Woe is me..thanks for making this so clear to me. Never will I make the same mistake again....Never will I make the same mistake again...Never will I make the same mistake again....Never...Never...Never...
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Sounds good to me.

Cheers.

• Reply 6 of 12
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Muchisgiven

Wouldn't it be great for mac to have thier own instant messenger service that works on a worldwide status...similar to MSN. I love Redezvous, and Bonjour, but that only works with othe Mac users on the same network. I think it would be hott to have iMessenger with better features than MSN's.

What do you guys think?

kind of like using .mac with ichat?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ferali

kind of like using .mac with ichat?

Are you suggesting this thread should have gone in the Present Software forum instead?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to Applications...
  • Reply 9 of 12
    1. Apple doesnt need to make their own IM protocol, there are LOTS already, and they've already started supporting AIM (.Mac) & jabber.

2. Bonjour is nice, but it only works on LAN's (AFAIK). And iChat already supports this anyway.

3. Use Adium X, you get everything Apple would have made, plus a whoooole lot more.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

1. Apple doesnt need to make their own IM protocol, there are LOTS already, and they've already started supporting AIM (.Mac) & jabber.

2. Bonjour is nice, but it only works on LAN's (AFAIK). And iChat already supports this anyway.

3. Use Adium X, you get everything Apple would have made, plus a whoooole lot more.

this is true... i can talk to a lot of people w/ my ichat w/ a whole bunch of people who dont use macs... the only IM i cant get is yahoo.. and i never cared for msn...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Simple solution: set up a .Mac Jabber server. Provide a simple web interface for setting up transports to MSN, YIM, and other services. Subscriber only access.

Step 3) Profit.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kesh

Simple solution: set up a .Mac Jabber server. Provide a simple web interface for setting up transports to MSN, YIM, and other services. Subscriber only access.

Step 3) Profit.

thats a good idea.. i like that good advice i think