iPod notes reader

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hiya all,

I just read the PDF file with hints on how to write text files with file references etc. to be viewed on iPod.

As I am soon going to visit Edinburgh with my wife and parents-in-law, I thought it is a nice idea to summarise a guided city tour so that I can show them around without having to learn all the data ; )

Well, actually I thought one step further. Would it be possible on an iPod Photo to link pictures, which would pop up picture viewer?? Unfortunally the pics cannot be viewed from within notes reader.

It would be fabulous to link pics in note reader. I would consider buying an iPod Photo quickly!

Thanks for your comments.

Best wishes,

iSmiley

iPod 40 GB 3g (10 MB left),

iMac G4 15",

Powerbook G4 15" (given to my wife to switch her from PC),

Powerbook 520 32 MB RAM 25 MHz (cannot bin it, God, it was high-tech back in 1999! They are sturdy as hell, mine survived a 1.5 m drop)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    stustanleystustanley Posts: 236member
    i dont have an ipod photo, but why not save your notes as images, then you can put the in an album with the pictures you want to include, and can run through it like a slideshow.

stu
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iSmiley

Hiya all,

I just read the PDF file with hints on how to write text files with file references etc. to be viewed on iPod.

As I am soon going to visit Edinburgh with my wife and parents-in-law, I thought it is a nice idea to summarise a guided city tour so that I can show them around without having to learn all the data ; )

Well, actually I thought one step further. Would it be possible on an iPod Photo to link pictures, which would pop up picture viewer?? Unfortunally the pics cannot be viewed from within notes reader.

It would be fabulous to link pics in note reader. I would consider buying an iPod Photo quickly!

Thanks for your comments.

Best wishes,

iSmiley

iPod 40 GB 3g (10 MB left),

iMac G4 15",

Powerbook G4 15" (given to my wife to switch her from PC),

Powerbook 520 32 MB RAM 25 MHz (cannot bin it, God, it was high-tech back in 1999! They are sturdy as hell, mine survived a 1.5 m drop)

ipods have always been able to support text notes and html. though only basic html can be used, links to files on the ipod can be referenced, which i think is what you are trying to accomplish. i forget where i found the info, so just google some. if you come up way short, i look through a book i have. but.... why do you need pics to come up if you're going to be at all of these places giving a tour?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ismileyismiley Posts: 26member
    Thanks for your replies. I would like to link pics because I have "hacked" all monument descriptions into this file, along with basic history of Scotland. Would be nice to have a guided picture tour ; )

Best wishes,

iSmiley