Good stock market tracker program?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My dad is about to replace his old PC with a new iMac G5, but the only thing holding him back is the lack of a Mac version of his favorite stock market tracking program. He currently uses Medved's Quotetracker on his PC (www.quotetracker.com), and is quite apprehensive of having to "learn and get used to" another new program on the Mac. I assured him that there are most likely some good (or even better) stock tracking programs for Mac OS, but he's still a little wary.

What are some good stock market tracking/analysis programs for Mac OS? Specifically for Tiger. He wants to monitor his portfolios, and use various tools like trend analysis to track his investments.

A program similar to Quotetracker (www.quotetracker.com) would be ideal.

Any help would be appreciated as I'd love to get him on a Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    I think that Schwab has program for streaming quotes for the Mac--but I think you have to have an account with them and perhaps be an active trader.

The only reason that I still use a windows machine is for streaming quotes (from Fidelity) I mostly use my Mac for everything else--I hate the windows machine and I hate windows
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    I personally use Galleon Software's PowerTicker

http://www.galleon.com/powerticker/features/index.html

It let's me keep track of all the stocks I have in a nice ticker-style UI.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    There's always the stock ticker Widget!