Making PNG Images Icons

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm having trouble making PNG images into icons. When I click Get Info for those, their icon is the Preview PNG (paper) icon instead of the image itself. When I try using that PNG as an icon for another file, it just uses the Preview icon. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by greenhybrid

I'm having trouble making PNG images into icons. When I click Get Info for those, their icon is the Preview PNG (paper) icon instead of the image itself. When I try using that PNG as an icon for another file, it just uses the Preview icon. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

in finder

try View>Options>show icon preview

maybe then some jpgs and stuff will have the preview icons enabled \

PS> this should be in genius bar section of the forum next time
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Thanks. I actually downloaded a third-party application that converted the PNG files into icons.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by greenhybrid

Thanks. I actually downloaded a third-party application that converted the PNG files into icons.

no worries!

ps i would like to get an acura accord coupe v6 hybrid someday... i know, not as green as other hybrids, but it's green AND sexy. i don't think acura has an accord coupe hybrid, just the 4-door v6 hybrid...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Actually it's a Honda, but there's a real fine line between those top-of-the-line Hondas and an Acura.