Apple plans special event next month, new iPods likely

Comments

• Reply 41 of 85
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Yes, that is a new iPod Shuffle prototype being tested. They use cats now because they don't spread rumors.

ROFLMAO look what the lawsuits have done to us. starving for real info here ..!!!!! AARGHGHG
  • Reply 42 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trans9B

Otherwise, this looks like a whole new breed of shuffle to me!!!...

it looks like a whole new breed of iCat
  • Reply 43 of 85
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Yes, that is a new iPod Shuffle prototype being tested. They use cats now because they don't spread rumors.

Actually its one of thinksecrets spies. The picture is taken just moments before Jobs discovered it and... well you know how the proverb goes...
  • Reply 44 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Actually its one of thinksecrets spies. The picture is taken just moments before Jobs discovered it and... well you know how the proverb goes...

heh. i'm laughing so hard now i can hardly type
  • Reply 45 of 85
    Quote:

MIAO miao miao maio!

MIAO miao miao maio!

MIAO miao miao maio MIAO miao miao maio!

MIAO miao miao maio miao miao MIAO?

Maio MIAO miao MIAO miao miao maio MIAO!
  • Reply 46 of 85
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by w_parietti22

I didn't know that a Magic 8 Ball could say that!

I care. The thing is, if you can never completely turn off your iPod and just put it to sleep, it waists battery. If you can turn it off, it saves battery which allows you to listen to your iPod longer when its on.

Hey, its wastes, not waists! Unless, of course, you're connecting it to your belt (or eating it).

As for turning it off, I prefer sleep, since it keeps it in the same place I left it, rather than "from the top". Especially for playlists and all. I was seriously irritated the one time I left my iPod alone for a couple of days, and found it lost my spot.

As for preserving battery life in sleep mode, turn off the clock, and turn off any alarms. Keep that backlight off. And for goodness sakes, whatever you do, don't play solitaire! It sucks your battery dry in no time at all (yeah, there's a 'your momma' or 'my girlfriend' line in there somewhere, I just couldn't come up with the right one).
  • Reply 47 of 85
    Hi everyone, I stopped into my campus computer store today and I got a flyer for a promo that doesn't start until tomorrow. Evidently you can get a free iPod Mini ($179 rebate) when you purchase a new mac. Its a part of a back to school promotion starting June 28th - Sept. 24, 2005. You don't have to buy a mini to get the rebate, but it wont be free.
  • Reply 48 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Poor cat.

Maybe the cat was depressed and needed a lift up so they gave it a fake iPod shuffle!
  • Reply 49 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Louzer

Hey, its wastes, not waists! Unless, of course, you're connecting it to your belt (or eating it).

w/e english major. I don't give. no offense.
  • Reply 50 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by biochemosu

Hi everyone, I stopped into my campus computer store today and I got a flyer for a promo that doesn't start until tomorrow. Evidently you can get a free iPod Mini ($179 rebate) when you purchase a new mac. Its a part of a back to school promotion starting June 28th - Sept. 24, 2005. You don't have to buy a mini to get the rebate, but it wont be free.

yeah, 'tis the season for the annual back to skool buy iPod+iBook or iPod+powerbook and enjoy !!!

hopefully it will be new Ibooks soon to go with new iPods announced on July 7
  • Reply 51 of 85
    jms698jms698 Posts: 102member
    Has it occured to anyone that July 7th is a Thursday. Apple have never release any new product on a Thursday!

(there is an old superstition that anything begun on a Thursday is destined for failure)
  • Reply 52 of 85
    jkc710jkc710 Posts: 8member
    new iPods are on the apple store...
  • Reply 53 of 85
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

I think that is certainly possible. It seems likely multiple announcements:

1. Motorola/Apple/Cingular(?) iTunes-capable mobile phone

2. iPod shuffle 2...possibly with a display that at least shows song title playing...but not likely to be used for very effective navigation (let's be real here...a one line display isn't terribly useful).

3. iTunes 4.9...possibly with some major podcast content provider exclusive deal

4. iPod (original) all color display line (iPod photo essentially becomes standard iPod)

5. Maybe a real surprise. They have done it before...remember Airport Express!

That's about it.

Okay, so 3 and 4 are out of the way. 1, 2 and 5 are still possible.
  • Reply 54 of 85
    Quote:

Okay, so 3 and 4 are out of the way. 1, 2 and 5 are still possible.

eventually i'll get banned from saying this all the time, but

new iBooks ???

podcasting is so awesome now, iTunes 4.9 makes it very very very easy. i couldn't understand wtf podcasting was and why it was such a big deal before, let alone download any podcasts \
  • Reply 55 of 85
    jms698jms698 Posts: 102member
    ... next Tuesday?
  • Reply 56 of 85
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jms698

Has it occured to anyone that July 7th is a Thursday. Apple have never release any new product on a Thursday!

(there is an old superstition that anything begun on a Thursday is destined for failure)

Then it definitely will be the iPhone!!
  • Reply 57 of 85
    Quote:

And Magic 8-Ball says:

1.) "Seems Probable"

2.) "Unlikely"

3.) "Seems Probable"

4.) "Try Again Later"

5.) "Unlikely"

6.) "Seems Probable"

7.) "Seems Probable"

8.) "Seems Probable"

9.) "Unlikely"

10.) "Who Care How They Manage Power Consumption?"

11.) "Unlikely"

Hmm...Rev. A APPLE VIII BALL(R) with Magic Inside(TM)
  • Reply 58 of 85
    I think this is a great place to insert this comment:

As an Apple Store for Education customer, I'm always checking on the deals Apple sends us poor college students' way. What I'm seeing here surprises me: Instead of a $200 rebate on iPods with a purchase of a Mac, they're offering a free mini instead. This is going out on a limb, but maybe that might shed some light on the future of the minis. Given, this rebate is a surefire way to reduce inventory of the current mini. Ah, who knows? I'm just pissed that they're not offering the $200 anymore because I'd have to get the iPod. Then, I'd have two perfectly working iPods (3rd and 4th/5th Gen. however you want to debate this version) plus a mini. Ugh.

p.s. On the bright side, I'd have them conveniently stashed wherever I'd need music (e.g., Work, Home, and Car).
  • Reply 59 of 85
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

I bet you're right. I'd almost bet money on it.

With the leaked photo today you may be right.
  • Reply 60 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by damiansipko

I think this is a great place to insert this comment:

As an Apple Store for Education customer, I'm always checking on the deals Apple sends us poor college students' way. What I'm seeing here surprises me: Instead of a $200 rebate on iPods with a purchase of a Mac, they're offering a free mini instead. This is going out on a limb, but maybe that might shed some light on the future of the minis. Given, this rebate is a surefire way to reduce inventory of the current mini. Ah, who knows? I'm just pissed that they're not offering the $200 anymore because I'd have to get the iPod. Then, I'd have two perfectly working iPods (3rd and 4th/5th Gen. however you want to debate this version) plus a mini. Ugh.

p.s. On the bright side, I'd have them conveniently stashed wherever I'd need music (e.g., Work, Home, and Car).

ebay. that's how i got rid of my iPod 20gb which came with my powerbook 1 year ago

spread the 'Pod love mah main man...

once you get the mini you might really want to hold on to it though