IPOD software

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a warranty on my IPOD from a store that won't allow me to return it for replacement/repairs without all the components that originally came with it. However, I can't find my ipod software. Is there anywhere on the net I can buy a new one? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Keep INSISTING. Call the manager. As long as you have the receipt and a good reason why you don't have your CD anymore ('they stole it from my back-pack') they should repair it.

If not, call the next tier manager. All the way to the store manager. A little fuss can get you more stuff then being understanding and losing time chasing software CD's.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Arrange a repair for your iPod online. If the iPod is faulty then that is all you need to return for repair/replace.

The site is http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/

I would also complain to the store's manager and/or Apple customer services. The person you have dealt with is not following correct procedures for iPod warranty repair. You would only be asked for all accessories and packaging if you were entitled to (or demanding) an immediate replacement.