iPod ripoff

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
From the bestbuy circular

look at the item on the bottom, iPod interface, apple prospeaker-ish speakers...white acrylic rounded case, you think these WMA creaps are poisoning the market because they cannot win it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

you think these WMA creaps are poisoning the market because they cannot win it?

What's white and plays music?

An iPod...

Apparently.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

What's white and plays music?

An iPod...

Apparently.

or something that suppose to resemble an ipod...???? b/c ive never seen an ipod look like that before
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I don't get the resemblance. That thing is nothing like the iPod and has built-in speakers. Unless they changed the image and we are looking at 2 different things, it is no threat to iPod sales.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

or something that suppose to resemble an ipod...???? b/c ive never seen an ipod look like that before

My point was that the iPods most prominent feature is that it's white. I think you'd be surprised how many people describe it purely as white, at least most of the people I talk to. Plus with the 3 different revisions, they all look slightly different anyway.

The large majority of people will get that it's not an iPod, but Phillips are after some market with this.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Yeah, and most PCs are white. Your point?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

My point was that the iPods most prominent feature is that it's white. I think you'd be surprised how many people describe it purely as white, at least most of the people I talk to. Plus with the 3 different revisions, they all look slightly different anyway.

The large majority of people will get that it's not an iPod, but Phillips are after some market with this.

ah... gotcha... well.. anyone will do anything for money...