Classic startup hangs on new PowerMac (preinstalled w/10.4.1)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
That about sums it up - if I try to run a program in classic, the startup gets to "Welcome to Mac OS/Mac OS 9.2" and it just stops there. Activity Monitor tells me that TruBlueEnvironment is the activity which is hanging (and hogging resources in the process).

I should add that while the PowerMac is new, I migrated my files and settings from my old iMac which had been running 10.3.9 and ran Classic w/o problems.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Classic works flawlessly under 10,4,1 on the Imac G5 of my wife.

I suggest you to try to put in the garbage temporaly your classic files. Take an external HD with classic (version 9,2,2) and try to run it. If it works, then you have just to change your classic files.

If it fails, you may have to reinstall (clean install) your whole system ...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Classic works flawlessly under 10,4,1 on the Imac G5 of my wife.

I suggest you to try to put in the garbage temporaly your classic files. Take an external HD with classic (version 9,2,2) and try to run it. If it works, then you have just to change your classic files.

If it fails, you may have to reinstall (clean install) your whole system ...

Strangely, I was able to solve this problem by removing the Divx codec from quicktime. Can't explain why, but that was all it took to get up and running in Classic.

Thanks for the help, though!