M-Audio and Apple to release iControl Hardware

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
According to the "Inside Mac" Podcast of Monday, June 27th, Apple will release a device called "IControl" for Garageband.

It "features buttons, knobs, and a jogwheel" to "control various aspects of the software on the fly." (last one not verbatim).

It is expected to be launched earlier this week for 179$.

----

<ownRantage>

Well, this seems pretty interesting. I wonder what kind of connectivity this one uses, as well as how it´ll feel alongside my Keyboard....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I posted about this also but they locked my thread:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=55506

Anyway, I thought it would premiere today with iTunes 4.9 and the new iPods, can't imagine what they're waiting for if it's ready to ship.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekdreams

I posted about this also but they locked my thread:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=55506

Anyway, I thought it would premiere today with iTunes 4.9 and the new iPods, can't imagine what they're waiting for if it's ready to ship.

Boy, they were hard on you!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by anand

Boy, they were hard on you!

It was locked because it had no original content... just cut and pasted quotes and links....

anyway, the thread is here now and I for one think that this iControl is a great idea.... if it is more than just pure speculation...... and hopefully it wont be as expensive as all the other DAW control surfaces around.... even though it most definately wont work with DP4.5 and thus wont be of any use to me personally

b.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    h228h228 Posts: 26member
    Quote:

Originally posted by benjamin_r

It was locked because it had no original content... just cut and pasted quotes and links....

anyway, the thread is here now and I for one think that this iControl is a great idea.... if it is more than just pure speculation...... and hopefully it wont be as expensive as all the other DAW control surfaces around.... even though it most definately wont work with DP4.5 and thus wont be of any use to me personally

b.

After peeking at the closed thread, I found it funny that the closing post committed the same error for which the OP was criticized.

As far as the device, why do you think it wouldn't work with DP? Does it only allow proprietary controls? I'm not familiar with it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by h228

After peeking at the closed thread, I found it funny that the closing post used the same means for which the OP was criticized.

As far as the device, why do you think it wouldn't work with DP? Does it only allow proprietary controls. I'm not familiar with it.

Im not sure why I think it WON'T work with DP.... It should just send midi controls to garageband, so in essence it should do the same for DP.... Im just a pessimistic bastard sometimes

As far for what the controls would be... I image play-stop-record buttons, pots for gain adjustment, punch-in and out, jog-wheel and faders (motorised or not)
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I see that the Appleinsider mods are as over zealous in their censorship as usual. No wonder many of us do not contribute as much as we used to in the past .....shame, as this used to be a good place for intelligent speculation.

My money is on the iControl being released next week.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Will it be an Apple-branded product ala HP-iPod or an M-Audio-branded product?

And a note to mods: if you're going to lock a thread, at least have the courtesy to post a message in the thread before you close it to explain the reason.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

Will it be an Apple-branded product ala HP-iPod or an M-Audio-branded product?

It "looks" too imposing and complicated for Apple to put their name on it. Doesn't fit their image. They knew it was a necessary product so they had somone else manufacture it.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

And a note to mods: if you're going to lock a thread, at least have the courtesy to post a message in the thread before you close it to explain the reason.

notes to Mod's go here

There are 2 reasons listed for closing that thread...